• Conducted a feasibility study for the emerging industry of remotely piloted aircraft. Built, tested and evaluated multiple business models and conducted extensive due diligence to determine the constraints as well as assess the size of the opportunity.
• Building upon the winning idea that emerged from the feasibility study – precision agriculture - the unique business model was developed into a full-scale business plan that has since won awards and funding at prestigious business plan competitions. A company pursuing this plan was founded in 2013 and will be generating revenue this summer.
• Due to the successful completion of the Venture Initiation and Business Plan Development courses at UCLA Anderson School of Management’s executive MBA program, Andreas was hand-picked to serve as the teaching assistant for subsequent offerings of those courses. He has helped teach those subjects for a year now.
• Recruited and led a 5-member Strategic Management Research team within UCLA Anderson School of Management’s Executive MBA program that was tasked with creating a strategy for long term sustainment of Afghan Air Force. Working directly with NATO Air Training Command – Afghanistan, the scope of the project includes the goal of reducing the annual operating expenses by at least $50MM and accelerating the training of Afghan personnel. To date, the team has identified areas of focus along with specific recommendations that should yield over $93MM in annual savings and quicken the Afghan Air Force’s ascension to self-sufficiency. The final plan will be documented in Congressional Records and presented at the Pentagon later this summer.
• An experienced project administrator who has supported diverse teams and senior level managers and was routinely entrusted with safeguarding lives and assets valued at over $100 million as well as the completion of multi-million-dollar projects.
• Analyst for the Tech Coast Angels, the largest angel investment organization in the US, with 300+ angels in 5 regional networks. In the last ten years, Tech Coast Angels members have invested over $120 million in over 200 local companies.
United States Air Force
• As Assistant Director of Operations of the only operational RQ-4 Squadron, responsible for planning and coordinating worldwide Global Hawk operations directly supporting troops on the ground as well as the Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance demands of six Combatant Commands. Operation management incorporated simultaneous evaluation and employment of emerging commercial and classified technologies while executing high-priority reconnaissance missions.
• Planned worldwide Global Hawk Unmanned Aerial Vehicle operations, identified and solved complex evolving regulatory and technical issues which enabled a six-fold increase in mission capability.
• The Locked Door:
Associate producer for a $2.6M budget film, shot and produced in China. Winner of the Best Movie Award at the 2012 Monaco Charity Film Festival.
Responsible for content flow design and implementation on sports website requiring coordination between the Sports Management team, the Network Operations Center, programmers and content providers. Wrote the website’s use case document, established business rules and page design, along with editorial standards and interface to ensure maximum use of content. Initiated and maintained communication with freelance writers as well as professional sports leagues for business development including the evaluation of partnerships and possible content deals.
• Fox Sports Net:
Coordinated incoming and outgoing feeds, satellite windows, and event and story coverage. Responsibilities included finding and researching stories, monitoring incoming material for content and general research. Field produced at the Staples Center and other local events including LA Kings and UCLA Basketball.
• CNN Financial News:
Associate producer for CNN/Fn in New York. Responsible for all elements of fast-paced financial news program, making quick decisions to provide coverage/analysis of breaking news and developing stories. Produced news segments including script writing, locating and editing of video and sound bites, coordinating feeds, created a video history quiz and post-produced ‘Moneyweek’ as well as other programs. Main assignments included story research, field producing, writing on-air segments, number crunching, element selection, video editing, graphics work, and teleprompting.
• American Stock Exchange Broadcast Services:
Worked for their in-house production department as floor manager and production assistant. Prepared studio and guests for live and taped telecasts. Regular assignments included taping, editing, production, and feeding of news reports, bi-weekly pieces, and web broadcasts. Provided on-air market reports and proposed new story lines.
• MTV Networks:
Assigned to the Series and Specials Department at VH1, in New York, assisted producers and conducted research for televised celebrity charity events.
• Fox News:
Production Assistant at the Los Angeles bureau, worked on new studio installation project and establishment of the videotape library. Also assisted reporters and producers during editing.
• ABC Sports:
Responsibilities included information dissemination and answering press and fan requests on national publicity campaigns.
• Thought leader – co-author of Harvard Business Review article on leadership lessons the military can impart to the corporate world. (click here for article)
• Project Management Professional (PMP) credentialed
• Lean Six-Sigma trained
• MBA, Executive MBA Program at UCLA Anderson School of Management
• MA International Relations, American Military University
• BA Economics, Columbia University
• Commercially Rated Pilot
To schedule an appointment or find out more about the services we offer, please call (310) 497-9389 or send us an email.
Read all news and events.